This Week’s Topic: Books I Struggled to Finish (aka. What books did I stop reading and just skim read towards the end.)
1. The 5th Wave – this book started off amazing; it was interesting, I was genuinely terrified and was completely immersed in the world. Then we get to the point in the book when she’s with the boy and from that point on wards I felt like Cassie got super annoying, it was no longer even remotely scary, a lot of it reminded me of Ender’s Game and therefore felt it wasn’t original and the ending was just meh and all these little things added up and I was no longer interested and it was difficult to finish.
2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone – you know when the book reaches that 60-ish percent mark and does a total 180? Yeah, that’s where I lost interest, especially the last 100 pages. Even though the writing is beautiful and up until that point I was loving it, as soon as it got there, for some reason I was just like ‘I’m done, not interested’.
3. MockingJay – while I remember it being a fairly good read, I also remember just being sick of ‘who will she choose?’ and that every time some action was about to happen (even in previous books) she got hit by like a rock or something and blacks out and misses the entire thing! (don’t you tell me that doesn’t happen!) and I just didn’t care about anyone towards the end.
4. Fifty Shades of Grey – I know, sue me. The first few chapters of this were fine; but when you realise it’s the same 3 part triangle; sex, argue, make up-sex for the entire book, it gets super repetitive and super annoying -_-
5. The Curious Incident – I just couldn’t full stop. While I did sorta enjoy it, just wasn’t my type of book and because it was a ‘this book will be on your exam’ book, I had to finish it.
What made your list? Are you shocked at what I put? Do you agree?
Same Time, Next Week!