I was tagged by the lovely Falling Down the Book Haul, so thank you! I was going to do another Tag (that wasn’t book related) and then this popped up! =]
What are your top three book pet hates?
1. Book cover changes when either part was through a series/trilogy or when the new cover is worse than the previous one.
2. Insta-love – ugh… I know in real life you can walk into a room and spot someone and be like ‘omg I’m in love’ but it’s VERY rare for that to A. be a 100% pure love feeling and B. for that person to feel it back – it always takes time people!
3. Lack of sex and swearing in YA – people reading YA are very much aware of sex and sexual tension and swearing etc. Make your characters more believable (unless in like Dystopians where sex is against the law like in The Selection, but still teenagers think and wonder about it!).
Describe your perfect reading spot
On my floor in England during summer because it’s been warmed up by the sun as it’s risen so it’s bright and nice and toastie and a big space in lounge on.
Tell us three book confessions
1. I didn’t read at all between like age 14 to 18 just purely because of school and work being mental.
2. I spend more time reading book reviews/on booktube more than I do reading =/
3. My knowledge about certain books (particularly in YA thanks to booktube) is very extensive even though I’ve never once thought or had the desire to read it. A good example is the Twilight Series; my friends told me everything that went on in those books, yet I have no desire to read them for myself but can still tell you what happens in them and what’s different in the movies. Another example would be The Fault in Our Stars and/or Panic by Lauren Oliver.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
Only ever cried once at a book; when I finished reading the very last word of the very last Harry Potter.
How many books are on your bedside table?
I don’t have a bedside table in my home here in Japan but in England, I normally have like 6/8 books stacked (but only reading like the top one/two).
What is your favourite snack to eat while you’re reading?
Chocolate! I am a huge chocolate lover so I eat it 24/7 anyways.
Name three books you would recommend to everyone
Bridge to Terabithia
Write how much books mean to you in just three words
Epic, Countless Adventures
What is your biggest reading secret?
Secret? I’m a slow reader? But everyone knows that! xD
I’m Tagging: (sorry if already been tagged!)
Anna @ Anna’s Reading List
Amanda @ Amanda’s Nose in a Book