This Week’s Topic: Ten Book Cover Trends I Like/Dislike [it’s still Tuesday in America right? xD]
Now while I have covers I love, trying to find covers with the same trend was a much more difficult task for me to do. But after researching and a lot of looking, I finally found some!
1. Hooded capes/Hidden People – I’m a fantasy girl, so this was kinda obvious.
,2. Cogs [steampunk elements]
3. Fire – no idea why, because fire actually scares me. Maybe it hints [to me at least] something exciting [and maybe explosive?] will happen…
Hit and Miss
4. Part Face – sometimes mysterious and well done, other times just not a good advertisement at all!
5. Sarah Dessen Books – most of these I do not like! But the simple ones like ‘someone like you’ and ‘dreamland’ [and maybe even ‘lock and key’] I quite like.
6. Girls in Dresses – it really depends; which of these do you think I put as a miss or a hit?
7. Naked bodies – I understand a lot of these are normally found in the ‘saucy, erotioc, new adult, contains sexy times’ books but, it just makes them look cheesy and makes it appear like it’s a really badly written story – when I know for a start Kushiel’s Dart is a great book! Just, can people keep their shirts on so when they take them off in the books we’re able to imagine it completely by ourselves?
8. Twilight types – Twilight have ruined what could be beautiful; red and black themed covers. Now I understand some people love these books and I am glad you do but you have to admit, what do these covers really have to do with the story? And look! Some classics got ruined by the same cover theme!
9. Movie covers, – I think the only ones that look decent are maybe The Great Gatsby covers and The Road cover. The rest of the time, no thank you. ESPECIALLY because Movie covers always have a ‘Now a Major Motion Picture’ written on. Ugh!!
10. Fifty shades [and it’s knock offs] – Now I know Abbi Glines is a great author but just seeing monochrome, grey-blue coloured objects just reminds me of the terrible days when I actually tried to read Fifty Shades and just ugh.
Same Time, Maybe Next Week?!
Psst. I finished Battle Royale last week! I hope to get a review up soon!!