This Week’s Theme: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014 – this one is rather easy as I read a lot of ARCs and freebies this year and I can’t really remember reading any authors I had previously read but read also this year besides my usual manga, Tolkien and Jane Austen. Let’s get on with it! ^_^
1. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle – finally got into Sherlock and the stories have not disappointed me so far! ^^
2. Jennifer Mathieu – very much enjoyed her debut novel and will probably keep an eye on what she brings out in the future.
3. Takami Koushun – I was naturally going to like this because I love the movie(s) but this went way beyond the movies and was absolutely amazing! I’ll definitely be getting this novel in Japanese when I go back to Japan and see if he has any other works that interest me. The translation was a bit iffy but that isn’t the authors fault and I did read the older translation.
4. Trudi Canavan – she’s been around for many years and is one of the queens of fantasy and I finally read one of her books this year and loved it (minus the religion aspect xD) and cannot wait for the sequel in 2015!
5. Cameron Jace – I never expected myself to become a fan of self-published authors but this person defied that. Only read three novellas so far by this author but I will definitely be carrying on!
6. Virginia Bergin – when I first got this book, I thought ‘YA? Hate it. Dystopian? Hate it. Love triangle? Better bloody not be!’ but I began reading it none the less and I absolutely loved it! It shocked me and maybe me rethink giving YA and dystopian books another chance =] Again, cannot wait for the sequel!
And that’s it! I didn’t want to just have a list of new authors to me. I wanted it to be a list of books I loved as well as they happen to be authors I haven’t read before so it became a list of 6 xD
Any authors you recommend to me? Any here that you’ve also read? Let me know in the comments below or link me to your TTT! ^_^