OKAY! So I’ve FINALLY thought of a story I really like and wanna stick to, so I am officially announcing my participation in NaNoWriMo 2015!!!!
BUT before I begin writing, can I request a favour from you all?
In your knowledge, do you know of any books/manga/anime/movies/tv that are samurai/sword-play/meiji/edo/historical themed? I know usual ones such as Seven Samurai and Rashomon.
PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!
This is the third and final update before the overall finale update comes in December.. lets see how much I’m failing cos I feel like I am!!
Part One: Minimum Goals
GoodReads Goal = 20 (Was completed last update)
Books Read since June:
2. #Project5Books (2 lots of Project5 was completed but since coming to Japan I’ve bought 9 manga so it’s still uneven =/)
3. Read 5 Classics (One classic down)
4. Read everyday (This is semi-failed as sometimes I work all day I just wanna zone out when I get home. Also loving podcasts lately instead of reading to work)
5. Keep up blog (Nope, sorry – Failing)
Part Two: Aim Goals
6. Read all Brandon Sanderson books pre-2015 (0 read – Still Failing!!)
7. Finish ALL ARCS! (I started going through my ARCs and got rid of those I weren’t gunna read, I’ve read 2 more ARCs since June…)
8. Finish 4 Series/Trilogies (Still 75% and not completed another series since June – Semi-Success!)
9. Terry Pratchett (Not continued reading – Failing!)
10. Out way manga vs books (Again I’ve been more manga reading lately so the ratio is unbalanced 136:131 – Kinda Failing!)
11. Complete a November NaNoWriMo (I have no real inspiration yet, I’ve been thinking of a few ideas but nothing has been a solid ‘yes!’ yet =/)
12. Physical books down to at least 40 (Since June I’ve unhauled loads of books, given books to people BUT I have bought 1 novel book since coming to Japan, so that’s… 43 – Semi-Succeeding!)
13. #0by16 (According to GR I have dropped from 70 to 66 since June (remember this doesn’t include stuff that I bought this year) – Sorta Success)
14. NPR’s 100 Best SF and Fantasy Books Challenge (Not even looked at the list yet! – Failing!)
Total Completed: Still 1…
I need to make easier goals next year or at least fewer xD
Last update at the end of the year! How are your resolutions going?